Tuesday, September 28, 2010

post#4: the world of RSS...


When are we not online? 
It is apparent that websites, especially social networking websites, are overflowing.  We are looking at many different sites everywhere and anytime but we can't keep up with all of them, all the time.  Because of this, I think RSS(Really Simple Syndication) is pretty handy and useful.  I can just pick which websites or which/whose accounts that I want to keep up with.  The feed reader will pick up the updates from my choices and update me.  

Yes, I'll have to sort through and occasionally filter through/delete/edit feeds, etc, but it is still quite convenient.

As you can see, this symbol on the left is the RSS symbol and if you find it (or just a box that says RSS next to a URL on the top of your browser)     and click it on a website, the feed will be available.
I tried out couple of examples such as GoogleReader and Netvibe and they are simple enough, fun, and convenient.  However, Netvibe seemed like it could be a bit cluttered or slow.  Other than that, these examples proved that these feed readers make it easy to pick and choose while making it easier and more accessible for web users.

Check these out!:







No comments:

Post a Comment