Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Blog Post #1

Although trying to be a student and have a social life outside of school can be kind of difficult, it is not impossible.  Being university students in Dallas/Fort Worth area can be not so fun sometimes because some people do not think there is much to do around here. Well, not true.  Look around more carefully and you would be surprised.
For example, last night I went to a friend's birthday dinner that I was invited to.  I had never been to Addison area to go to do something like go to a restaurant and hang out.  I admit that I get a bit hesitant to go to an area that I don't know well.  But I figured that I would venture out anyways because I wanted to go and check it out when I got a chance like this.  When I arrived at the location of the party, I was surprised and excited.  The place was called SOHO Food and Jazz right off of North Dallas Tollway on Belt Line Road in Addison.  They had live jazz music playing the whole time, the staff was friendly and attentive, and the food, of course, was amazing.
Even with a group of around 15 people, we could still have a good time, enjoy the food, and the atmosphere without much inconvenience.  They were more than happy to accommodate  us and they made sure we were doing fine all evening.  I had a chance to check out a new restaurant, try some great food, also meet some new people, and make new connections.
So, if you are more of an NYC person than Texan cowboy type of person, then go check it out.
http://www.sohofoodandjazz.com
You will experience the same pleasant surprise that I felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment