Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Blog Post #3

Dallas area inside or near downtown is still not quite familiar to me.  I am relatively new at leisure/entertainment seeking in that area, having just recently started to go out there for occasions such as film festivals, concerts, and dinners.
Last Thursday, another chance came along to check out somewhere new.
I was invited to my friend Zeena's 21st birthday dinner party at a restaurant called "DISH."  It is located not quite all the way inside the downtown Dallas but it is right off of Wycliff exit right after Mockingbird.
What I saw around this place was interesting because there were a few buildings of somewhat fancy, flashy businesses surrounded by residential buildings and ordinary, everyday shopping areas so close by.
After I parked and walked toward the door, a man in a suit opened the door for me, I mentioned my friend's name to the host, and joined the rest of the group, waiting for the birthday girl and to be seated.
When Zeena arrived, we were led to and seated at the tables set up for us.  The interior design was stunning and also interesting at the same time.  There were different colored lights inside boxed-in rectangles across one side of the ceiling, one side had chandeliers, and one side of the restaurant was leveled a bit higher than the rest of the restaurant, had different colored wall with its own texture and design, and curtains that were pushed open.  There were couple of flat screen tv's on two sides of the walls tuned on models/fashion channel.
Aside from just the interior, the food, service, staff, and the music were great too.
I ordered the vegetarian plate which varies throughout seasons.  At this time, it was vegetable lasagna with squash and eggplant and it was plated beautifully.  It tasted pretty good too along with the Shirley Temple that I ordered with it.  Others from our group commented that their flatbreads, salads, and chicken clubs are excellent as well.
I would love to go back again soon because I really enjoyed the ambience of "DISH" as a whole which kind of reminded me of NYC scene/restaurants.
Next time, I will probably try the pan-seared salmon or the honey BBQ veggie burger...

Check out DISH Dallas, TX!

No comments:

Post a Comment